I Just Want To Be Happy (Is That So Wrong?)

Can I change places, even just for an hour?
Maybe then I can feel the power
Of someone's life who's happy, not sad
Why does everything seem so bad?
And why does this happen, am I eternally doomed?
You begged for me back and then you assumed
I would stay forever with you and your lies
No I'm not shocked, I saw it in your eyes
Even now you lie, you just can't stop
Don't believe me? Ok, let's start from the top
You left me and left me and left me some more
Then one day you stopped at the door
Your eyes teared up, and you couldn't speak
Yet another sign that you're tragic and weak
You won't ruin my life, oh Hell no
You've given me the courage to get up and go
I can do anything I truly desire
As long as I avoid your hellish fire
So you love me but you don't wanna hurt me, right?
Whatever helps you sleep at night
You sad, tired, lame little boy
You don't get to keep me as your dumb toy
And so what if I cried and I cried
At least I'm not the one who conspired
I loved you more than a human should
And I swear I did all that I could
But now I give up, my hands in the air
Go ahead and pretend that you don't care
Cause when I think about it, I wouldn't change places
At least I know all of your faces
I know who you are and I know who you're not
Whichever mask you choose, you can lay there and rot
Alone in your room all happy and proud
You had a strong vision right?, then said it aloud
Excuse me, what's that? You're having your doubts?
You don't have any clue what love is about
But I've learned a lot, more than you know
And this time my strength isn't a show
I say I'm always right, and you know I always am
No matter how hard you say you don't give a damn
We both know deep down you're wrong
But as with everything, with you it'll take long
To figure out just exactly who you are
In the meantime you'll have to live with this scar
I know you think you're right, but I've got news
No matter what you say, truth hurts, you loose

the end!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment